IONShield ioniser pendant protects you and your family’s health throughout the day.
The IONShield surrounds you with a cloud of 60 million per cm³ negative ions. These negative ions increase metabolism, improve the digestive system and blood circulation, reduces allergies and more.
Wear the pendant where ever you go for constant protection .
What is an Ion?
An ion is defined as an atom or molecule that has gained or lost one or more of its electrons, giving it a net positive or negative electrical charge. In other words, there is an imbalance in the number of protons (positively charged particles) and electrons (negatively charged particles).
What are Negative Ions?
“Negative ions are oxygen atoms charged with an extra electron. They are created in nature by the effects of water, air, sunlight and the Earth’s inherent radiation.”
They are mosty found in natural places and particularly around moving water or after a thunderstorm.
You can smell and taste them at the beach, near a waterfall or after a storm.
In high concentrations, negative ions purify the surrounding air of bacteria, viruses, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, odors, dust, cigarette smoke and other hazardous particles in the air.
12 Benefits of Negative Ions
- “Negative ions increase your sense of wellbeing and mental clarity by counteracting debilitating positive ions in your environment.
- Ion machines are proven to clear the air of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores and other potential allergens.
- High concentrations of negatively-charged ions can significantly decrease airborne viral and bacterial particles within your home.
- Exposure to anions improves the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less respiratory problems.
- Air ionizers have a relaxing effect and have been reported to normalize breathing rate and relieve tension. Because anions are absorbed directly into the bloodstream they may help to combat harmful free radicals within your body.
- Studies demonstrated that high levels of negatively-charged ions can be an effective treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Improved energy levels and focus. Research at the University of California showed anion exposure normalized serotonin levels in the brain, potentially improving a person’s positive outlook and mood.
- Better sleep. A French study found using negative ion technology could help you to sleep better. This is once again due to their positive effects on neurotransmitters.
- Reduces instances of headaches and sickness. The company Norwich Union found installing ionic air cleaners in a work area full of computers and other electronic equipment reduced instances of reported sickness and headaches by 78%. Ion generators are also routinely used in hospitals in Europe for their beneficial impact on patient’s healing rates.
- Elevated mental concentration and performance. Testing has shown that subjects exposed to high levels of anions performed better in mentally challenging tasks than those breathing normal positive ion dense air. Pierce J. Howard PhD at the Center for Applied Cognitive Sciences says in the Owner’s Manual for the Brain – “Negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain; resulting in higher alertness, decreased drowsiness, and more mental energy.”
- Research showed negative ion exposure improved physical performance as well. A study entitled ‘An investigation of the effects of negative air ions on responses to submaximal exercise at different times of day’ showed that: “negative air ions significantly reduced resting values of all physiological variables” and “are biologically active and that they do affect the body’s circadian rhythmicity”.
- One explanation for these positive effects can be found in a research paper called ‘The stimulatory effect of negative air ions and hydrogen peroxide on the activity of superoxide dismutase’. Scientists found that anions boosted concentrations of the antioxidant superoxide dismutase (SOD), one of your body’s primary defenses against oxidative stress. They concluded: “The primary physicochemical mechanism of beneficial biological action of negative air ions is suggested to be related to the stimulation of superoxide dismutase activity by micromolar concentrations of H2O2.”